As the only ski-in, ski-out luxury mountain lodge to open in the northeast in more than half a century, Stowe Mountain Lodge, at the base of Stowe Mountain Resort, furthers the area's designation as the ski capital of the East. View our Winter Recreation Guide to start planning your Stowe, Vermont vacation!
Explore all of Stowe, Vermont's winter mountain adventures that you and your whole family can enjoy while on your Stowe, Vermont ski vacation. We'll help you find the ultimate cross-country ski trail, dog sledding tour, snowshoeing guide, snowshoe trail, snowmobiling trip, star-light snowshoe adventure and yurt dinner, a horse-drawn sleigh ride and much more to create memories that will last for years to come.
The Overeasy inter-mountain transfer gondola, connecting Mt. Mansfield with Spruce Peak, offers extensive ski trails, a beginner area, two new high-speed detachable quads and extensive fully-automated snowmaking on Spruce Peak. These amenities and more reinforces
Stowe as the East's premier skiing and snowboarding resort. View our Interactive Trail Map.
Fun Facts about this premier ski resort in Vermont, Stowe Mountain Resort:
- Ski-in, ski-out to Stowe Mountain Resort
- Mount Mansfield Summit Elevation - 4,395 feet (highest peak in Vermont)
- Top of Lifts Elevation - 3,719 feet
- Longest Vertical Drop - 2,160 feet
- Average Annual Snowfall - 333 inches
- Total Number of Trails - 116
- Skiable Acres - 485
- Total Miles - 39
- Percentages - Beginner 16%, Intermediate 59%, Expert 25%
- Snowmaking Coverage - 90%
- Total Lifts - 13 (More mile long lifts than any other resort in the East)
- 1 Inter-Mountain Transfer Gondola, 1 high-speed summit Gondola, 3 high-speed Quads, 2 Triples, 4 doubles, 2 surface lifts
- Total hourly lift capacity - 15,516 passengers
Evolution Stowe Card
The Evolution Stowe Card, with RFID technology provides seamless access to resort ski lifts and resort purchases during your stay. Resort guests will be charged a one-time $5 Evolution Stowe Card fee when purchasing any ticket product. Guests may keep their Evolution Stowe Card to reload for future visits to Stowe Mountain Resort, or they can return it to any ticket window at the end of their stay for a $5 refund. Refunds will be provided via the original purchase method of payment.
With the Evolution Stowe Card, Stowe Mountain Lodge guests will never need a traditional lift ticket at Stowe Mountain Resort again.
Useful Ski Links: