Lodge Fact Sheet
Public Relations Manager
For over a century Stowe has attracted the world's most discerning travelers, who have cherished the beauty of the area's covered bridges, sparkling lakes, rambling woodlands and majestic peaks. Those who frequent Stowe treasure its ability to welcome the world, while still remaining the quintessential small New England town, and the creation of Stowe Mountain Lodge reaffirms the mountain's reputation as a world-class resort and ski destination in Vermont.
This 300-room luxury lodge has established a new alpine aesthetic for Stowe - one that celebrates rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, the artisan traditions of New England and the tranquility of the area. The lodge features stunning, panoramic mountain views, an ambiance of rustic elegance, and truly intimate and gracious service unmatched by any other resort in New England.
Guests enter this ski resort through a picturesque façade of woven timber and expansive glass. Walls of natural stone are juxtaposed with cut-timber and vertical logs. Dramatic rooflines add elegance to the alpine angles.
The lobby of the lodge features window-wall vistas with extraordinary view corridors to the surrounding mountain peaks. To the northwest, Mt. Mansfield and Smugglers Notch. To the northeast, Spruce Peak. A wood-burning fireplace with luxurious leather couches adds to the warmth of the welcome.
With large windows and oversized balconies, each guestroom at the lodge takes full advantage of the remarkable mountain landscape as well, and is furnished with a sense of New England warmth and tradition.
Stowe Mountain Lodge, a luxury ski resort in Vermont, is truly a resort for all four seasons. Located at Stowe Mountain Resort, in the heart of the new Spruce Peak at Stowe alpine village, and adjacent to the new Over Easy Transfer Gondola connecting Spruce Peak to Mt. Mansfield, guests enjoy slopeside access to the most legendary ski resort in the east, close proximity to the most challenging mountain hiking and biking trails in the area, pristine streams, ponds, and lakes to fly fish for trout, bass, and pike, and an ideal setting in the midst of the world's most beautiful fall foliage.
This extraordinary address offers excellent access to all resort amenities, including a world-class spa, wellness and fitness center, upscale boutique shopping, fine and casual dining, village green, a performing arts center and 18-hole championship mountain golf course.
The Alpine Concierge® is a unique guest services program designed to offer each guest of Stowe Mountain Lodge with an unsurpassed level of customized service and personalized attention during your Vermont ski vacation. The Alpine Concierge team creates personal profiles which track the preferences of each guest, allowing them to create an exceptional service experience.
Guests are contacted prior to their arrival and offered assistance with travel plans, itineraries and other special needs, so that once they arrive, their rooms are set-up exactly as they wish, special amenities are in-place, and all dining and activity reservations are set. Other highlights of this program include:
- Ski valet, which allows guests to ship their ski equipment in advance, and have it waiting for them when they arrive with boots heated, equipment tuned, and gear brought up to the lift or gondola by "ski sherpas." Lift tickets and lessons are secured in advance as well, so that guests will not have to wait in lines.
- Golf concierge, for guests who wish to ship golf clubs in advance, and have tee times, carts, and retail purchases prearranged.
- Fly Fishing service, for guests to ship fishing rods from home, and have fishing licenses, Orvis-certified professional guides and transportation to local streams set in advance.
GUEST ROOM AMENITIES
Each guestroom and suite has been designed to include:
- Floor-to-ceiling windows with breathtaking mountain views
- Marble bathroom, with separate shower and relaxation tub
- Environmentally friendly bath products
- Luxurious eco-friendly microfiber linens and robes
- Anichini towels from Vermont
- Goose down feather beds, pillows and duvets
- Custom-made lamps by Simon Pearce
- Wireless high-speed Internet access
- LCD flat screen television
- Lodgenet, on demand movies
- iPod docking station and MP3 hookup
Most guestrooms also include:
- Stone-framed fireplace
- Private balcony
- Kitchenette with stovetop, microwave and dishwasher
- Alpine Concierge staff member available to arrange a personalized stay
- Ski, golf and fly-fishing valet service
- Outdoor swimming pool with indoor access
- Artisan-inspired fine and casual dining
- In-house naturalist
- Children's adventure programming
- Dog-friendly accommodations
- Twice-daily housekeeping including evening turndown service upon request
- Wireless high-speed internet access in public areas
- Luxury shops and boutiques including Polo Ralph Lauren
- Overnight valet parking
THE SPA AT STOWE MOUNTAIN LODGE
A luxurious 21,000 square foot world-class spa features distinctive services themed around the changing seasons of Vermont. Guests may take advantage of:
- Full-service fitness center
- Heated outdoor pool with indoor access
- Relaxation area
- Two harmony rooms for music therapy, featuring reclining sound chairs
- 19 treatment rooms
- Full-service salon
The Wellness Center at Stowe Mountain Lodge is designed for guests who seek better health, personal well-being, and relaxation on a long-term basis. Special programs and seminars focus on healthy lifestyle choices. In addition, a team of experts, including personal fitness trainers, nutrition counselors and behavior coaches, are on hand to evaluate each guest's current physical state and wellness goals to create dietary and fitness plans for the future.
STOWE MOUNTAIN CLUB GOLF COURSE
The lodge features an 18-hole, par 72 championship mountain course designed by the legendary Bob Cupp. This 6,400 yard course has a classic configuration, with two par fives and two par threes on each nine. Scenery includes expansive mountain vistas, with cascading streams shaded by maple and birch trees. Stowe Mountain Lodge, in conjunction with this spectacular private golf course was recognized by Condé Nast Traveler as the #1 Golf Resort in the Northern US.
The golf course was built using environmentally-sound practices and is the first in Vermont to receive Audubon International's Signature Sanctuary Certification.
- Ski-in, ski-out to Stowe Mountain Resort
- Elevation of 4,395 feet at Mt. Mansfield, Vermont's highest peak
- 39 total miles of skiing
- 116 total trails
- More mile-long lifts than any resort in the east
- 16% beginner trails
- 59% intermediate trails
- 25% expert trails
- Longest run: 3.7 miles, Toll Road
- Snowboarding halfpipe
- The world's fastest high-speed, 8-passenger gondola
- 22 miles of groomed terrain and 25 miles of backcountry trails for crosscountry skiing
- Only ski area in New England to have a fully-automated snowmaking system on one of its mountains, Spruce Peak
- The Evolution Stowe Card, RFID ticketing system, allowing for hands-free access to lifts
Solstice: The 110-seat Solstice restaurant offers Vermont artisan-inspired cuisine in an elegant, yet casual and comfortable setting. Solstice aims to connect our guests with the land of Vermont through a sampling of locally-grown and organically-produced fresh produce, heirloom grains, artisan cheeses and all-natural meats. Breakfast and dinner are served daily.
Hourglass: Named for one of Stowe's most venerated backcountry ski trails, Hourglass bar serves regional microbrews, designer cocktails and rare wines by the glass, as well as creative tapas made from local, natural and sustainable ingredients. Our extraordinary wine cellar offers hard-to-find bottles from small-production vineyards throughout the world, with a focus on organic and biodynamic wines. An outdoor terrace overlooking Spruce Peak mountain and the golf course at Stowe Mountain Golf Club is Stowe's most highly-coveted location for a true après-ski and après-golf experience.
Aqua Pool Bar: An abbreviated version of our Hourglass lunch menu is available for poolside enjoyment during the summer season.
In-Room Dining: Vermont artisan-inspired cuisine can be enjoyed in the comfort of your room through the In-Room Dining service and menus. Order breakfast, lunch or dinner or visit Atmosphere to pick up groceries and utilize the kitchens and kitchenettes in the room.
Stowe Mountain Lodge offers 12,100 square feet of thoughtfully-appointed and uniquely flexible function space, in in additionto over 56,000 square feet of uniquely flexible space throughout Stowe Mountain Resort including The Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center, a beautiful new 420 person amphitheater.
Tamarack Ballroom 5,400 square feet
Oak room 650 square feet
Alder room 650 square feet
Sugar Maple room 650 square feet
Mountain Birch room 650 square feet
Foyer 2,640 square feet
Terrace 1,540 square feet
All Stowe Mountain Lodge meeting room names were inspired by Vermont native trees, and were designed to encourage creative and strategic thinking with state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment, comfortable furniture and natural lighting.
At the center of the only mountain resort in the United States to have been awarded Audubon International's sustainable community award, Stowe Mountain Lodge was built using eco-friendly practices and maintains a commitment to environmental stewardship through operational practices.
Some examples of the lodge's environmental efforts include:
- Low flow shower heads and toilets
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs in all guest rooms
- Recycling bins available for guest use in rooms
- Use of eco-friendly cleaning products by housekeeping staff
- Environmentally friendly micro-fiber bed linens
- Recycling program for all bath products and containers
- Motion detectors in back-of-house spaces to determine needs for heating, air conditioning, and lighting.
Stowe Mountain Lodge also works with the following local artisans who have shown a commitment environmentally-friendly practices:
- Artistic woodworker Parker Nichols has salvaged diseased trees from local forests near his Marshfield studio to create a host stand and tables for Solstice restaurant, and select pieces for the spa.
- Woodworker Charles Shackleton has worked with sustainable forests to obtain the wood used to created tables for the Solstice private dining room and a slate-top table for the spa. All of his sawdust is recycled and used as bedding for cattle.
- Pottery maker Miranda Thomas used organic materials and non-toxic glazes to create vases, trays and other accent pieces displayed around the lodge.
- In-room lamps have been custom-designed by glassblower/pottery maker Simon Pearce who uses a waterfall to generate electricity and to operate a potter's wheel.
HOTEL OPENING DATE
DIRECTOR OF SALES & MARKETING
National Union Fire Insurance Company / Pittsburgh, PA
Lowe Destination Development / Los Angeles, CA
Destination Hotels & Resorts / Englewood, CO
Design architect: 4240 Architecture / Denver, CO
Production architect: BBG-BBGM / New York, NY
Wilson & Associates / New York, NY
7412 Mountain Road
Stowe, Vermont 05672
Stowe Mountain Lodge is a part of the Destination Hotels & Resorts collection. Click here for more information.