Stowe Mountain Lodge Blog
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner – the day when 10% of propsals each year occur. When the planning begins, big decisions like venue, music, dress and tux all need to be made…as well as what wedding date to pick! In 2012, you can have some fun with numbers and choose to be married on 12/12/12 which will surely be a memorable date. Calais Van Horn, Catering Sales Manager and in house wedding guru, has come up with 12 reasons to get married on 12/12/12!
12. The growing popularity of winter weddings.
11. Midweek savings (it falls on a Wednesday) across the board – the venue, the flowers, the DJ…
10. A warm weather honeymoon in the middle of December.
9. Quieter time in the Lodge & on the slopes.
8. Your invitations could be sent in little holiday stockings. J
7. Last time for the next 100 years or so that we will see a triple number date.
6. In numerology the number 12 is considered the number of completeness.
5. No one will question why you are serving eggnog.
4. The Lodge will feel festive and be glowing with holiday spirit!
3. Roasting marshmallows and drinking hot cocoa and cider during your reception over the outside firepit while it’s snowing is a memory maker.
2. 12/12/12 starts the 12 Days of Christmas.
1. No one, including your spouse, will forget your anniversary date!
Calais Van Horn is the Catering Sales Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge who was recently quoted on Fox News and featured on BBC for her Proposal Coach package, helping peoples proposals to their loved ones be a seamless, memorable and stress-free experience.