Stowe Mountain Lodge Blog
Wedding Tips from Stowe Mountain Lodge
As fantastic as a wedding is for the Bride & Groom, the declaration of love, time spent with family and friends, yummy food and fantastic music, the day does tend to be one of lifeâ€™s â€śblink and you missed itâ€ť moments.Â Yes folks, the rumors are true - it goes by all too fast. Understanding that this is the case, we as planners want to make sure that your day is void of stress and that you, as the Bride & Groom, are able to sit back and enjoy every moment of the day, even if those moments due tend to wiz by!!!
Therefore, having spent hundreds of hours planning for and then making our Brideâ€™s dreams come true over the past 6 years in this industry, I have developed 5 simple wedding day guidelines for the couples that we work with:
- At 12:00pm the day prior to the wedding â€śLET IT GO.â€ť Whatever happens, happens! Allow me, as your planner, to take all of the worry and stress of your shoulders and handle any and all details for you from the moment you check-in until the moment you check-out. You are to be the host, plain and simple!
- The morning of the wedding, hand your cell phone over to an appointed â€śrepresentative or mediatorâ€ť who can field all phone calls on your behalf. Trust me, this will save you so much un-needed stress!
- You must eat! I encourage every couple to take at least a 15 minute â€śtime outâ€ť during dinner to sit and enjoy the meal before you begin to â€śworkâ€ť the room. Youâ€™ve chosen this yummy food for you and your guests to enjoyâ€¦..so sit and enjoy it!
- Together as a couple, take a 5-10 minute â€śsoak.â€ť Step back and observe, watch, listen, feelâ€¦.with the speed in which the day moves past you, the precious moments that you spend â€śsoakingâ€ť will give you memories that you will never forget, and will most likely end up being some of the moments that you recall for years to come.
- ENJOY IT. LOVE IT. BASK IN IT.Â Live in each moment of the day. This is your time. One of the few moments in life that will be all about you. EMBRACE the attention and take pleasure in every moment
Calais Van Horn is the Catering Sales Manager at Stowe Mountain Lodge and was recently quoted by elegala.com for her wedding advice.Â Want her as your planner?Â Fill out our weddingÂ planning formÂ and start planning your dream Vermont wedding.