Stowe Mountain Lodge Blog
Spa at Home...with Coconut Oil!
At home spa treatments are just a grocery store trip away!! Organic Coconut Oil is the fast and easy way to rejuvenate this spring.
After being in the spa industry for years and trying hundreds of products, I have finally found something I cannot live without – Organic Coconut Oil. This incredibly simple supermarket item that I’ve been cooking with has become my new beauty best friend. Check out some of the beauty secrets my “new BFF” offers:
- Massage it into your scalp to hydrate and protect it. Coconut oil is incredible ensuring dandruff free locks, acts as an intense conditioner for damaged hair and increases shine on all hair types.
- Massage it into your scalp. Need a quick stress reliever? Try massaging this into your scalp and face and feel the mental fatigue and worries of the day slip away!
- Use as a makeup remover. You'll moisturize at the same time.
- Heat it up until it becomes a liquid. Massage oil never felt (or smelled!) so good.
- Combat dry cuticles by rubbing some of this coconut magic into your nails and cuticles. Add a bit more to massage into your hands as well.
Coconut Oil is great for children, too! It helps with bumps and bruises to increase healing time. With the lack of side effects of this gentle oil, the whole family can enjoy the relaxing properties of this yummy “beauty product!”
Maggy Dunphy is the spa director at The Spa and Wellness Center at Stowe Mountain Lodge. To see our full spa menu, visit our website.